No matter how well-made and reliable your car is, there will be a time when you need some expert Acura service. A dead battery is something that can’t always be avoided. Eventually, you might find yourself in need of a jump-start. Fortunately, this is something you can usually do yourself, and it’s easier than you may think. Let’s take a look at how to jump-start your car battery when you find yourself in a roadside emergency.
What You’ll Need
To jumpstart your car, you’ll need a pair of standard jumper cables with two red clamps and two black clamps. You’ll also need a vehicle with a working battery.
How to Jump-Start Your Battery in 7 Easy Steps
- Park the car with the working battery across from your Acura so that the hoods of two cars are facing each other. You’ll want just a couple feet of space between the two. Make sure both cars are fully turned off and engage the parking brakes.
- Open the hoods of each car and locate the batteries. Identify the positive (+) and negative (-) battery terminals.
- Connect one of the red clamps to positive terminal on the dead battery. Connect the other red clamp to the positive terminal on the working battery.
- Connect one of the black clamps to the negative terminal on the working battery; finally, attach the remaining black clamp to an unpainted metal surface on your vehicle, such as a bracket or bolt.
- Start the car with the working battery. Then, after about five minutes, try starting the car with dead battery. Jump-starting the battery should have restored enough charge to get the car to ignite.
- If you are able to start the car successfully, you can now remove all four of the clamps in the reverse order they were attached. If the engine still fails to turn over, you may need to repeat the process.
- Run the car for about 15 minutes to give the battery a chance to fully recharge. You may want to drive around for a bit if possible.
How We Can Help
Unfortunately, car batteries don’t last forever. Most of them only have a lifespan of 3-5 years at most. If you have frequent issues with your battery, or if jumpstarting your car doesn’t help, you may need to take your Acura vehicle in for some service.
Visit Acura of Peabody for Battery Service
Acura of Peabody has a dedicated service department that’s always there for you. Our expert technicians are familiar with all types of Acura vehicles, and we’re more than prepared to help with any battery-related issues. Visit us for battery service before it’s too late!
Leave a Reply