Redesigned for the 2021 model year, the 2021 Acura TLX achieves new heights when it comes to safety, performance, and technology. In an initial review, the experts at Autoblog called it a “true enthusiast’s sedan,” and the accolades continue to roll in for this luxury sedan. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety recently named the 2021 Acura TLX a Top Safety Pick+ in its rigorous safety testing.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
Every year, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety names its Top Safety Pick+ award winners. These awards identify the best vehicle choices for safety within size categories during a given year. The Acura TLX falls into the category of Midsize Luxury Cars, and it achieved well, with Good ratings, in every category that was tested. These categories include:
- Small overlap front: driver and passenger sides
- Moderate overlap front
- Roof strength
- Head restraints and seats
- Front crash prevention: vehicle-to-vehicle
- Front crash prevention: vehicle-to-pedestrian
- LATCH ease of use
2021 Acura TLX Safety Features
Besides being well-constructed and durable, the new Acura sedan features a number of advanced safety technologies as part of the AcuraWatch suite. The following features help to enhance driver awareness, avoid collisions, and mitigate the severity of an impact.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: Helps to alert drivers when a potential frontal impact is detected and applies the brakes to help avoid a collision.
- Road Departure Mitigation: Alerts the driver to an unintentional departure from a detected lane or roadway.
- Pedestrian Detection: Used to detect pedestrians and alerts the driver with audio and visual warnings.
Take the award-winning 2021 Acura TLX for a test drive here at Acura of Peabody.
Leave a Reply